Decoco have secured a commission with a new client to redevelop and launch their new website. Working predominantly in the housing and local authority sectors, our client offers coaching, mentoring & support, team development, workshops and psychometrics. Opting for a WordPress, template driven solution, the project is now underway.
Well produced and managed digital platforms are essential in today’s marketing arena. To achieve this the right solution is a combination of engaging content, strong project management, an eﬀective & engaging website and ongoing marketing activities. This approach will ensure that together we deliver a great, eﬀective website oﬀering an enhanced online experience for your clients, visitors and suppliers. To achieve this, Decoco have set up the following project stages:
- Discussion: Project briefed in from client, technical requirements outlined and questions exchanged.
- Template Selection: Client’s stylistic preferences shared and explored, research conducted and the most suitable template selected.
- Speccing: Technical speciﬁcation produced based on selected template. Any additional design/functionality would be costed separately.
- Setup/Development: Setup template on development space, integrate Content Management System and troubleshoot visual/performance issues.
- Content Loading: Decoco and/or client populates development build. Images sourced or supplied.
- Testing & Launch: Rigorous browser and performance testing and then site ﬁles moved to live environment.
- Promotion: Post-launch, search engine optimisation, pay-per-click and email marketing options reviewed and recommendations made.
User experience at the fore
Regardless of how much content is on a website, designing with the user experience at the fore is important if that content is to remain accessible at every stage. With this in mind, we are developing a simple, image-led layout for the site, with clear page hierarchies and dedicated pages for each section of content. This will direct the user much more eﬃciently around the site and ensures everything our client has to oﬀer is never far away.
Using WordPress, a highly versatile, user-friendly and widely popular Content Management System (CMS), each page of the site will be both visually impactful and technologically sound.
With this new, contemporary website, users should expect greater accessibility and the company itself will achieve greater control over their site and web content and an online presence that better reﬂects their company. The finish website will be responsive, working effectively and seamlessly across desktop, tablet and mobile environments.
Decoco develops websites through their supply-partners, including bespoke and template driven sites, using WordPress, Drupal and other open source content management platforms.